Snapchat is a photo-messaging application that allows users to take photos or record videos, then add text and drawings and send them to a controlled list of recipients. Snapchat provides an advertising service—Snap Ads—using vertical videos ads inside premium and curated contexts with the ability to target by Live Story program, Discover Channel, location, and/or gender.
Our integration with Snapchat’s Snap Ads supports the attribution of mobile app installs promoted via your Snap Ads campaigns.
This article is part of our Common Integrations series.
- Snapchat account
- Your Android/iOS app’s App Store ID
Enabling the Integration
- In Attribution Analytics, select Integrated Partners from the main navigation.
- Search for Snapchat. and click the Enable button in the Action column:
- Read and accept the Terms and Conditions for the Conversion Tracking Program.
- On the Snapchat integrated partner page, select the mobile apps you want to integrate with Snapchat:Note: Enabling the Snapchat integration for a mobile app automatically sets up postbacks to send Snapchat your mobile app install data.
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED – In the Attribution Settings tab, toggle View-through Attribution to Enabled.
Things to Keep In Mind
- If you’re running impression-based campaigns with Snapchat, make sure to enable View-Through attribution so TUNE attributes installs to impressions driven by your Snapchat Ads campaigns. If this setting is not enabled, TUNE will show impressions in your reporting, but installs WILL NOT be attributed to them.
- You cannot set up postbacks to send your Snapchat attribution data to third parties.
Enabling Post-Install Event Attribution
Are you running Snap Ads campaigns to encourage existing users to interact with your mobile app? You can set up event postbacks to send the following in-app event names to Snap Ads:
- App Open
- Content View
- Add to Cart
- Add to Wishlist
- Added Payment Info
- Checkout Initiated
- Level Achieved
To set up an event postback:
- Go to the Snapchat partner page in Attribution Analytics
- In the Postbacks tab, click Add Postback URL
- From the Postback Template dropdown menu, select the one that matches your event
- In the “Postback Requirements” section, select your app from the Mobile App dropdown menu (other fields will be auto-populated)
- Click the Save button
You can find event postbacks you’ve added and auto-generated install postbacks in the Postbacks tab of your Snapchat partner page: