Each relationship you have with an advertising partner (publisher) is unique and therefore, the ability to customize your Attribution Analytics account to accommodate each individual relationship is a necessity. As the contracts between you and your advertising partner provide concrete terms regarding the windows used for attribution – and we don’t want you breaking your contracts – you can set the agreed-upon attribution windows in your Attribution Analytics account on a per-partner basis.
To access your advertising partner’s attribution settings in Attribution Analytics:
- In the main navigation, under the Partners section, click Partners.
- On the Partners page (on the right side), search for/click the advertising partner whose attribution windows you want to manually set.
- On the respective partner’s page, near the upper-left corner, click Attribution Settings as shown in the following screenshot.
- On the attribution settings page, scroll down to the (Event)Attribution Window table, and then use the drop-down lists to set the desired attribution window as shown in the following screenshot. (The window you select must match the agreed-upon window that you defined with the partner.)
Attribution windows are partner-specific, and define the maximum duration of time between ad click/impression and install:
- If the amount of time between ad click and install is within a defined attribution window, then Attribution Analytics attributes the install to the appropriate partner.
- If the amount of time between ad click and install exceeds a defined attribution window, then Attribution Analytics does NOT attribute the install to the partner (although Attribution Analytics may attribute the partner with a non-windowed assist or conversion).
By setting the attribution windows for each one of your advertising partners, we ensure that attribution is conducted according to the agreed-upon terms and therefore both you and your advertising partners know precisely who was responsible for driving each app install and event.
Note: Due to the nature of our integrations with Twitter and Google AdWords, the TUNE attribution settings are not accessible/editable for these integrated partners. To manage your attribution settings for Twitter , please do so directly in your Twitter Ads account. For Google AdWords, the attribution settings – or conversion windows – are also fixed and therefore not editable in your Google AdWords account.
For each of your advertising partners you can set the following windows for both click and impressions :
Identifier Attribution Window
The allowed period of time between click/impression and conversion to use the unique identifier matching method. Note: This window is also applied to our cookie-based web app attribution method.
Fingerprint Attribution Window
The allowed period of time between click/impression and conversion to use the device fingerprint matching method.
Install Referrer Attribution Window
The allowed period of time between click/impression and conversion to use the Google Play Install Referrer method.
Click ID Attribution Window
The allowed period of time between click/impression and conversion to use the Open URL with click ID method.
The time frame during which an attributable can be associated with an event. If the event occurs outside this window it will not be attributed as a re-engagement, it will either be attributed back to the Install Partner or attributed as Organic (based on the Event Attribution Window).
Impression Attribution View Percentage
The percentage of a view/impression required before attribution will occur. View-through Attribution setting must be toggled to Enabled.
View-through attrbution is always disabled by default. All of the click-through attribution methods are enabled by default, but can be disabled as you choose. If a method is disabled, we will not use that attribution method to attribute your app’s conversions to the corresponding advertising partner. We highly recommend keeping all of the click-through attribution methods enabled.
Event Attribution Windows
Event attribution windows specify the time frame during which events should be attributed to the partner who drove the most recent engagement activity.
- The calculation of lifetime value (LTV) in install-based cohort reports will continue to reference the original install partner regardless of the selected event attribution window.
- Event attribution in Logs, Actuals and Postbacks fired for Events are dependent on the selected event attribution window. Once the event attribution window has expired, event attribution will shift to organic and postbacks will stop firing to the re-engagement partner.
Install Partner Attribution Window
The time frame during which an event can be attributed back to the Install Partner (based on the most recent attributable).
Event Partner Attribution Window
The time frame during which an event can be attributed back to the Event Partner (based on the most recent attributable).
The diagram below illustrates how the Event Attribution Windows interact with the Attribution Windows and Re-Engagement Setting:
After configuring an Install and/or Re-engagement Partner Attribution Window (to an option other than “Unlimited”) the following attribution logic will be applied:
- Inside the Install Partner Attribution Window, events are attributed to the Install Partner for the duration of the window or until there’s a re-engagement, at which time events are attributed to the Re-engagement Partner for the duration of the Re-engagement Partner Attribution Window.
- Outside of the Install or Re-engagement Partner Attribution Window events are treated as Organic.
The diagram below illustrates these use cases with the assumption that the initial re-engagements in question fall within the Re-engagement Window: