Your HasOffers network is based on the core concept called “offers”: promotions of products or services that your network is going to provide for affiliates to drive traffic to. Before affiliates can run any traffic in your network, they need offers to promote.
This article walks you through creating an offer in HasOffers, and provides links to articles that provide detailed information on related topics.
This article is part of our HasOffers Basics series.
Before You Begin
In HasOffers, go to Offers > Create Offer. Once on the Create Offer page, you’ll do three things: enter details about the offer, place the offer conversion pixel, and finally test your offer. We use example information in this article. You can use your own, or use ours just so you get a feel for the offer creation process.
You can always edit an offer later. This walkthrough is meant to be simple. Everything about the offer you create can be edited later, and you can delete the offer after finishing this tutorial.
Note: Changing information that relates to offer stats such as advertiser, advertiser manager, or affiliate manager won’t retroactively update stats accumulated from before that change. Read our Using the Stats Report article for more information on stats reporting.
Step 1: Know Your Offer
When creating an offer in your HasOffers network, you’ll need to prepare some information about the offer from that offer’s advertiser. If you’re new to performance marketing, start with our Intro to Performance Marketing article for an overview of industry terminology and concepts.
Tip: Before creating an offer, you can benefit from setting your network up, entering advertisers into your network, and creating offer categories. You don’t need to do this immediately; you can do those other setup procedures afterward.
This tutorial walks through entering essential details important to every offer:
- Name of the product or service being offered
- A short description of that product or service
- URL from the advertiser to track impressions, clicks, and other actions you provide for that offer (known as the “offer URL”)
- Available parameters for that offer URL
- URL that shows a preview of the offer without that tracking (known as the “preview URL”)
- Revenue and payout actions and amounts
Though you only need a few details to successfully save your HasOffers offer, there are many details your affiliates want to know regarding the offer. Here are just a handful of examples, some of which we touch on in this walkthrough:
- Policy on length of and required action for conversion
- When the offer expires
- Targeted countries
- Allowed and denied types of traffic
- Operating system or device type
- Demographic information (for social media-based offers)
- Creatives and allowed creative usage
- Offer caps
- App file size (for mobile app offers)
Our Example Offer
As you walk through creating your offer, we use an example offer from a fictitious advertiser named Super Fantastic Games. The details we have from our advertiser are:
- Name of Product: Most Awesome Game
- Offer Type: Free mobile app
- Country: Canada
- Short Description: Most Awesome Game Offer is a brand new game from Super Fantastic Games. 50 levels of sci-fi action puzzles!
- Device: iPhone, iOS 5+
- Conversion Policy: On installation and opening
- Caps: 150 per day
- Traffic Restrictions: No incentivized SMS, push notification, or ads icon traffic. No custom creatives.
- Mobile App Size: 25 MB
- Revenue from Advertiser: $3 per conversion
- Payout to Publisher: $2 per conversion
Once You Have the Details
With this information in hand, we can make our offer.